Here are the basis of the call for participation Madrid 2014 Skate Film Festival.
Any adult person residing in or out of Spain, whose videos meet the requirements of these rules may participate.
The competition is not restricted to one genre or technique, so all of them will be accepted as long as the subject is Skate or Longboard (longskate). The categories of the 2014 edition are:
Best Feature skate (skate themed video any more than 20 minutes will be accepted)
Best feature longboard (longskate themed video any more than 20 minutes will be accepted)
Best Skate Documentary
Best Documentary longboard
Best sk8 video short as 15 minutes **
Best longboard short video up to 15 minutes **
Best short video store brand or up to 10 minutes ***
Besides the MSFF deliver the following awards:
Special prize for the best short Latin video: the jury will decide between Latin American videos registered in the sk8 and long categories and a special mention for best Latin video.
Special Mention MSFF
The films entered for competition will preferably be debut works (Spain), although the MSFF reserves the right to accept works already released if you think fit.
- In no event will feature films be permitted that were released in internet competitions.
- The registration period ends on September 30th, 2014. A maximum of 3 videos per participant will be accepted.
- You can send us your videos in the following ways:
- ONLINE: Filling out this form to participate by sending us the link to the video if you have it posted on the internet (if it is a private video, you have to send the corresponding password)
- MAIL: Send a DVD with the printed form filled to the following address: C / zircon 3A No. 6. 28045 (Madrid) (Copies of previous DVD viewing remain in the archives of the festival)
- Submit at least 3 images for promotional materials for the festival.
- It is a requirement that the video has the rights to the music and images that may appear in the video that belong to another author. The organizers recommend using creative commons music to prevent problems that you can find here. For music or images that are not creative commons, the author of the video will prove to the organization that he or she has all the right to use them. We recommend reading the following article “Where to get music for your videos.”
- Videos that consider sexist, racist, or discriminatory will not be accepted.
- The organization may decide whether a video should be ascribed to either category (Skate or Long) and if the quality and content fit the criteria of the festival.
- Videos that do not meet these requirements will not be admitted.
- The deadline for submitting videos is 30 September 2014 at 00:00.
The organization will make a shortlist of 10 finalists in the category of short films and 4 finalists in the other categories. The gala day will pass with the finalists with the most votes in each category and the winners will be announced that night. There will be one prize per category.
The jury will be composed of members from the world of skateboarding, longskate, audiovisual and advertising. The jury will proceed to issue the decision according to the following criteria: technical and artistic quality. Jurors may be changed without notice. The jury is a body outside the organization and enjoys complete freedom of choice.
The authors guarantee that the videos posted are original, that they are the rightful owners of all the inherent rights of the same and that the video does not infringe the rights of others. The organization is not responsible for damages that may result from any breach of the above warranty.
The authors of the competing works agree to give the Madrid Skate Film Festival the total or partial rights of distribution of their work in the media in order to promote the festival without incurring any loss of ownership of exploitation rights of legal owners. In the finalist videos a spot with the logo of the festival and its sponsors will be included. The Madrid Skate Film Festival reserves the right to use the selected works to promote the festival in the media, presentations and other audiovisual festivals. Participants assume all liability to any action and / or claim, administrative or judicial, that were to be brought against the Madrid Skate Film Festival by any natural or legal person that is entitled to consider the work of the participants reported be legitimate owners.
Participation in this competition implies acceptance of these rules and conformity with the decisions of the jury. The interpretation of these rules corresponds to the organization of the festival.
(*) These rules are subject to change without notice.
(**) Videos or longboard skate theme will be accepted in each case, excluding promotional videos of a brand or a shop. Videos that have been helped by a brand or shop itself will be accepted.
(***) It is important to differentiate between a video with a clear advertising tone with one which has the support of a sponsor. MSFF reserves the right to decide, if in doubt, in which category should a certain video be. Both brand or store videos of longboard, skate like, shall be eligible for this prize can equally compete with each other, having a single prize for the two disciplines. This award will be given to the best video made specifically for one brand or store.